Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

New Batik clothes...I'm in love...

Ohayo-gozaimas! Today -- after like forever -- I'm gonna write a new post about fashion. Yup, fashion! You might not know that I am actually someone who have a keen interest in fashion. Look up my Tumblr page and you'll find bunches of selfies there :D

OK, now, the story comes from my office holding a three-day workshop at Eastparc Hotel, Yogyakarta a couple of weeks ago. Before the event, I and 3 other female staffs decided to get some batik and promised to wear them together. We bought two patterns of batik at KOKELGAM, and had them tailored into beautiful blouses, according to our own styles. Both are in tenun patterns. Each piece is about 2 m length for IDR 50,000.

On the first day, we agreed to 'save the show for later' and put on our black suits instead. So, on day #2 and day #3, we surprised other staffs with our quartet batik outfits hehe, and we really made everyone envious :p

Day #2:
I had to admit that I'm a bit disappointed at this one blouse (dress?). I went to the tailor showing a picture of something like this peplum top, and had them make it for me.

But, by the time I picked it up, it turned out like this! Hiks, well, I don't hate the result cut that bad. It's just that when ME wearing, it adds volume into my tummy :(






Day #3:
And for the other pattern, I made them into two pieces of clothes: blazer & sleeveless shirt. As I haven't taken any picture of wearing the sleeveless one, I post only the blazer :)




Actually, I still have some more batik fabrics at home. My father bought them for me and my step-mother on his work trips across the nations. So, I just can't wait to pull them out of closet and charm them into pretty dresses. How could having batik never been this exciting before? What kind of Indonesian am I exactly? LOL. Anyway, batik is beautiful. Batik is rich. Batik is exotic. Batik is ethnic. Batik is us, Indonesia. :)

Wanna know more about Batik? Visit the Wikipedia page on Batik.

No comments:

Post a Comment